|The main building takes the form of a traditional "hollow square" which surrounds a central quadrangle with gardens and lawns. This is the side that runs along George's Street. The building's walls are of very old red bricks, made locally and inset with flint for decoration.|
The inscription over the Chapel window reads :
Eboracensis. Hanc fenestram fieri fecit 1597
(A man of Yorkshire gave this window in 1597).